Each and every Polyforma shoe is an expression of love, research and technique. Our shoes are authentic works of the shoemaker’s art and like any valuable item should be treated with great care. By following just a few simple rules the technical and aesthetic qualities of your shoes can be preserved over a very long time.
- After wearing, let your shoes air out. Preferably don't wear same pair of shoes two days in a row.
- Help your shoes keep their shape and dry out faster by using shoe trees
- Store your shoes out of direct sunlight
- Cleaning with a shoe tree enables you to be more thorough.
- Only use quality leather care products, and before first using them, test on a concealed part of leather, such as the tongue.
- We don’t recommend using water-repellent products as they can distort colours.
- Use creams frequently and in small quantities. Follow this three step process:
o First, carefully dust the upper removing all surface dirt.
o Then apply cream with a clean cloth and let it dry for a few minutes.
o Lastly you can polish, using a cloth or a brush with soft bristles.
- For suede shoes or shoes with suede inserts, only rubber bristled brushes should be used. Suede can lose colour when it comes into contact with liquids or solvents.
- Avoid immersing suede products or machine-washing them (we recommend not machine-washing any shoes!).
- Clean any stains using a damp sponge, taking care not to spread the stain.
- Never use self-polishers, which are quick but quite damaging. Also don’t use iron bristles – they will scar the surface.
- Avoid placing your shoes in direct heat, as the leather can dry out and crack.
With the right care, good quality products can last a lifetime. But even the best products need to be repaired sometimes.
We are sure that after many positive experiences with your Polyforma shoes, you will be keen to keep using them. Should you believe that they need repair, our artisans might be able to help. In this case, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with some details about your shoes.